Last Updated: 20/April/2020
CloudZero is committed to respecting your online privacy and recognizes your need for appropriate protection and management of any information you share with us by using our Website.
Changes To This Policy
Information Collected By CloudZero
Non-personally identifiable consumer information
CloudZero collects various types of information from you to better meet your needs and to provide you with a more relevant user experience. Some of this information is collected automatically through cookies (see later in this policy for more information on cookies) or other Internet tracking technologies. The type of information your browser or Internet session may automatically provide us with can include the browser you are using, your Internet domain, the operating system on your computer, your IP address, the URL you visited just before coming to the CloudZero Website, the pages of the Website you visited and the URL you visited upon leaving the Website.
Personally identifiable consumer information
CloudZero collects information that you may choose to provide to us when requesting additional information from us. Some examples of personally identifiable data that you may provide to us include name, address, telephone number and email address. If you provide personally identifiable data to us, you may later elect to have your information deleted from our files, or kept from being used for purposes other than for the service requested, by following the opt-out procedures set forth below.
How Collected Information Is Used
The non-personally identifiable information that CloudZero collects is used for marketing and sales efforts to better target advertisements and other content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience. The information is also used to predict responses to advertisements, and to help determine which ads perform best and which content is most appropriate for different individuals and organizations.
If you elect to provide CloudZero with personally identifiable information, we may utilize such information for marketing purposes, and this use may result in follow-up communications from CloudZero. In addition, that information may be combined with information collected from other sources to assist with targeting ads to your preferences and behaviors and for other CloudZero sales and marketing efforts.
We hold on to your information for as long as you have your Account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required by law, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
We may give your information to any member of our company which supports our processing of personal data under this policy. or anyone of the following selected third parties:
- Organizations that process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and applicable law. This includes organizations supporting the services we offer through the site, in particular organizations providing website and data hosting services, providing fulfillment services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, and facilitating feedback on our services. These organizations (which may include third party suppliers, agents or their sub-contractors) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
- Business partners who jointly with us provide services to you and with whom we have entered into agreements in relation to the processing of your personal data.
- Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services. (Your payment card details are not shared with us by the provider.)
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If CloudZero or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Location Of Personal Information
CloudZero, Inc. is located in the United States. Depending on the scope of your interactions with CloudZero, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
CloudZero maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from CloudZero websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
The CloudZero Website utilizes cookies to collect information about your Website activities and to recall the personal information you previously shared with us. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Blocking cookies may result in a lower quality experience for you while you are visiting the CloudZero Website.
Personally identifiable consumer information – opting-out
You may choose whether or not to provide personally identifiable information to CloudZero. If you choose to provide such information to CloudZero, you have the right to tell us not to use such information in some or all of the ways described herein or to require that such information be deleted from our database. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, surveys or promotional communications via email, you may opt-out by following the instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom of any promotional communication. To have your personal information completely removed from our databases, simply contact us at [email protected] and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. Once we receive your instruction, we will promptly take corrective action.
Access And Accuracy
To the extent that you do provide us with personally identifiable information, CloudZero wishes to maintain the accuracy of this information. Where we collect personally identifiable information from you on the Website, our goal is to provide a means of contacting CloudZero should you need to update or correct that information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible, you may send updates and corrections about your personally identifiable information to [email protected] and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in the information that we hold as soon as practicable.
GDPR Information For EU Customers
- Personal information: The personal information we collect may be considered Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Data Transfer: We provide our Services from the US. That means that we may transfer your data from the EU to the US. Because the European Commission has not provided a decision of adequacy for the US, we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
If you’re located in the EU, you have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
California Consume Privacy Act
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with CloudZero’s Offerings:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number;
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or US federal law, such as age or gender, for example, if we conduct user surveys or analysis;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, including when you communicate with us by phone or otherwise;
- professional or employment-related information, for example, data you may provide about your business;
- inference data, such as information about your preferences
For more information about the personal information we collect, see the above section on information collected by CloudZero.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with CloudZero’s Offerings:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email, address, or phone numbers, for example, if we use a third party to facilitate customer contracts;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications under California or US federal law, for example, if we conduct user surveys or analysis using a third-party service provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a third-party service provider to help us gather reports for analyzing the health of our services;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, for example, if a third-party service provider reviews recordings of customer support phone calls for quality assurance purposes;
For more information about the personal information, we may disclose to third parties for a business purpose, please see the relevant sections in this document above.
Your Rights. You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at [email protected]. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
No sale of personal information. In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Links To Other Sites
Our site and product offerings are not intended for children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Data from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
CloudZero may use website analytics tools to collect information about the use of our Website. These tools collect information such as how often users visit our Website and what other websites were viewed prior to and after visiting our Website.
- Recognizing you when you sign in to use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our offerings.
CloudZero cookies allow you to take advantage of some essential CloudZero features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you might not be able to use certain offerings that require you to sign in, or you might have to manually adjust some preferences or language settings every time you visit CloudZero sites.
Commitment And Contacting Us
177 Huntington Ave Ste 1703, PMB 95794
Boston, Massachusetts 02115-3153
Financial Control And Predictability In The Cloud
Eliminate wasteful spending, ship efficient code, and innovate profitably — all in one platform.