What makes a room full of DevOps engineers laugh? The following DevOps memes and funny quotes — perhaps.
Table Of Contents
Cloud Cost Memes
1. Level your risk
When Finance and Engineering work in silos, conversations can get a little awkward. Finance wants to cut costs no matter what. Engineering wants to provision resources for peak performance — oh, and level risks.
2. When technical debt catches up
The cost of reworking, or shipping now and dealing with consequences later, doesn’t seem crucial until it is. Instead, help your engineers understand the cost impact of their technical decisions so they can build cost-effective solutions.
3. We can allocate all your cloud spend — not without retagging, though
Cost allocation tags can be a pain in the neck, especially at scale or when you need to merge with a team or company that has a different tagging system.
4. Caption this: When a surprise AWS bill smacks you in the face
5. Don’t you dare settle for just “fine”
6. Change my mind: Dev vs. Ops vs. DevOps
7. When you try to fix a bug in production, it sort of feels like this
Developers fixing a bug in production pic.twitter.com/OsOcNDVttR
— Tawanda Nyahuye (@towernter) March 3, 2023
8. When a DevOps engineer goes all the way from the get-go. Solid foundations are important, you know.
9. When you explain to a DevOps recruiter what full stack means — and they take it personally
10. What a successful career in DevOps does to your letter-writing knacks
11. Who is an optimist? A person who sees a glass as half full. Who is a Site Reliability Engineer? The person who sees a glass as 99.99% full.
12. How the DevOps project started on Day 1 with the client, product manager, and team lead
How it’s going.
Kubernetes exponentially became the go-to container orchestration platform. But Kubernetes can be daunting, especially at scale. These Kubernetes memes show why.
13. When they told you all you needed was a YAML file to master the Kubernetes deployment
It is going to be easy, they said. But then you need to code to extend it.
14. Talk of running applications in containers on Kubernetes
15. Got 99 superpowers but running databases on Kubernetes reliably ain’t one of them
16. Does this apply to every team that is yet to use a managed K8s platform?
Funny Tech Memes
17. Don’t you dare make a joke about Continuous Delivery
18. It’s not just manual monitoring and infrastructure configuration
If you transfer the same on-premises practices you’ve used before to the cloud, you are likely to have a problem. Instead, you want to leverage automation, continuous monitoring, and cloud-native architecture to achieve the promise of the cloud.
19. Moving to the cloud won’t solve every problem you’ve ever had
But monitoring your cloud migration can improve your migration costs, security, and more.
20. When you thought you’ve fixed a major problem by lifting and shifting a legacy app to the cloud, but now you have a bunch of bugs, security issues, and runaway costs
Relatable DevOps Tweets
21. The speed of light has nothing on outages
22. Who else wished they could say this has not happened to them more than once
23. DevOps Borat is still relevant 10 years later
24. How to get the right answers from your machine learning system
25. What stakeholders think of when they hear “hybrid cloud”
Laugh All The Way Through Your Cloud Bill With CloudZero
CloudZero’s cloud cost intelligence platform can help you manage costs at every stage of your DevOps lifecycle.
Our code-driven approach ensures you can accurately collect, enrich, analyze, and share unit cost insights in the language of your engineers, finance, and FinOps teams — all without manual tagging.
CloudZero works at any stage of your cloud journey and DevOps pipeline phase.
Whether you are tracking the cost of migrating a specific workload to the cloud or tracking the cost of supporting an individual product feature, customer, or tenant in a multi-tenant environment, CloudZero tracks it down to hourly granularity.
But don’t just take our word for it. CloudZero customers, like Drift, already slashed $2.4 million off their annual cloud bill. SeatGeek can now measure its costs per customer. Remitly now allocates 50% more costs without endless tagging.